Crispy haloumi, prawn and avocado salad with parmesan crisps
12 thin slices of baguette
1 cup grated parmesan
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for brushing
200 g haloumi, sliced
16 large cooked Australian prawns
2 cups watercress leaves, washed
½ cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped mint
salt and pepper
1 large avocado cut into wedges
fresh lemon and mint to serve
1. Brush each slice of bread with olive oil and press face down into the parmesan to coat.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook baguette slices for 1-2 minutes each side until golden. Set aside.
3. Add haloumi to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden.
4. Divide the prawns watercress and avocado between bowls. Mix together the buttermilk, lemon juice and mint, season to taste and drizzle over the prawn salad.
5. Top with crispy haloumi and serve with fresh lemon and parmesan crisps.